There are no new cases of Covid-19 in the community today, and one in managed isolation.
There are now 28 active cases of the infection in New Zealand.
The Ministry of Health says the latest person to contract Covid arrived in the country on June 25 from Cambodia.They tested positive on a routine day three test.
So far, 2,673 people have been identified as contacts of the Australian man who visited Wellington betweenJune 19-21.
The ministry said2,583 or 97 per cent of people had returned a negative result, and an increase of 78 negative test results since yesterday.
All remaining contacts were being actively followed up by contact tracing teams, the ministry said.
Health officials reiterated a request for all people who were at possible exposure sites where the infected Sydney man spent time to immediately isolate at their home or accommodation and call Healthline.
At this stage, people did not need to be tested or isolated if they were not at a location of interest, unless they had symptoms.
The ministry said yesterday 7,775 tests were processed across New Zealand.
While the data did not include the number of tests processed by the Waikato District Health Board due to the recent cyber attack, manual data showed the region was processing around 400 tests a day.
Scanning rates had improved in recent days with 803,877 scans in the last 24 hours to midday yesterday.
No cases of coronavirus were reported anywhere in the community yesterday.
One Covid case was identified in a managed isolation facility in Auckland, however.
The person is a traveller who arrived on Wednesday, June 16, from Afghanistan via the United Arab Emirates.
Health officials said the returnee tested positive for the virus on day 12 of their stay in managed isolation and quarantine.
“This case is not in the Novotel Auckland Airport managed isolation facility, so is not linked to the two positive day 12 tests which we reported on [Monday],” the statement said.
“As is standard protocol, we will investigate the reason for the day 12 positive test.”
Authorities confirmed they are investigating the “full travel histories” for those two cases. Both travellers came from Kuwait via the United Arab Emirates.
The number of active cases in New Zealand is 31 as of yesterday, the Ministry of Health said.
The seven-day rolling average of new cases found at the border stands at three.
Since January 1, 76 historical cases have been recorded out of a total of 570 cases. The total number of Covid cases stands at 2386 as of yesterday.
Majority of Wellington contacts test negative
Meanwhile, nearly all of the 2618 people identified to be contacts of a Sydney man who spent time in Wellington between June 19 and 21 have been tested.
As of yesterday, 96 per cent (2505 people) had returned a negative result for Covid-19.
Eight people were still waiting for their results and 14 had been granted a clinical exemption.
The other eight people had since returned overseas, so would be followed up by respective local authorities.
“The remaining contacts are being actively followed up by contact-tracing teams,” the Ministry said.
Despite the promising results, people living in the greater Wellington area or who were in the region between June 19 and 21 are urged to continue to check the locations of interest page on the Ministry of Health website.
“People who have been at any of these locations at the relevant time should immediately isolate at their home or accommodation and contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453 for advice on testing.”
More than 2.2 million Covid tests have been processed in laboratories in New Zealand, the latest update says.
The seven-day rolling average is 7621.
Source: Read Full Article