Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!
A hotel chlorine gas leak has sent 24 guests to hospital after they inhaled the toxic fumes.
Emergency services were called to the Solent Hotel in Whiteley, Hampshire on Monday night after two chemicals were accidentally mixed, fire crews say.
Ambulances took 24 guests who felt overcome by the gas, to hospital for treatment.
A ventilation fan helped clear the hotel spa of the poisonous fumes while fire fighters tackled the chemicals.
Firefighters from Hightown, Fareham, Cosham, Portchester, St Mary’s and Romsey pulled together at the scene to remove all traces of the chemicals.
Also working to ensure all casualties were taken care of were paramedics and the Hazardous Area Response Team from South Central Ambulance Service, ITV Meridian reports.
Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire & Rescue Service (HIWRS) were alerted to the incident at 8.44pm on Monday.
Station Manager Dave Graham said: "This was a large-scale incident with multiple people requiring medical treatment for the inhalation of gas.
"We worked well alongside our colleagues from SCAS and SCAS HART to make sure that everyone received the help they needed and to ensure that the scene was made safe.
"We handed the incident over to the hotel management."
This is a breaking news story and is constantly being updated.
Please refresh the page regularly to get the latest updates.
Reporters working on dailystar.co.uk will be working to source the latest information, reaction, pictures and video related to this story.
You can also follow us on Twitter @DailyStar to get the latest news updates 24 hours a day.
Or download the Daily Star app for flash alerts on the biggest stories of the day.
Why not also subscribe to receive our regular Daily Star news bulletins? You can do this on this page by simply entering your email address above and hitting 'subscribe'.
You can also sign up to our showbiz, sport and lifestyle newsletters by clicking here
Source: Read Full Article