Couple disgusted at suspicious brown substance on takeaway chicken nuggets

A couple were staggered to find half of their chicken nuggets soiled in brown sludge.

B&B owners Rory and Victoria ordered from their local takeaway to feed their godchildren and their kids, on Monday night.

However Dino's Takeaway in Blackpool served up a box of more than what the hungry family had been hoping for.

The couple claim everything in their bumper order was as expected other than several chicken nuggets that had been smothered in a mysterious grim 'sauce'.

What shocked them almost as much as the food was the restaurant's apparent bullish response to their complaint over an issue which Victoria claims, could "ruin" her business too.

Victoria told LancsLive: "It was like melted cardboard, it was all on one side and all the cardboard box was mushy, so maybe something leaked on it and they were microwaved in a box? I’m not 100% sure but I've worked in catering for 20 years and never seen anything like it."

The order from Dino's came to £18.70 and the couple decided to go through the rest of the food to be sure. It appeared fine how they didn't want to take the chance, especially as they had just about stopped a child from eating the soiled chicken nuggets.

Rory decided to ring the takeaway to explain what had happened however he claims they weren't offered a refund or replacement.

He added: "We called and explained politely however the man on the other end of the phone was quite abusive and said 'what are you gonna do, phone the council? Do what you want, ring the environmental health, I don't care'.

  • Body found in hunt for missing woman, 25, after discovery of car with all her belongings

"I understand that takeaways can be under pressure and that they can be up and down however the way we were treated was appalling."

The couple binned the rest of the food but kept the box to report to the Environmental Health department of Blackpool Council.

Victoria added: "We always used to use this takeaway and recommended it to our guests. I'm gutted as we usually love their food but this was nasty.

  • Foodie annoys Brits by calling 'beige food' munchie box 'British cuisine'

For more shocking stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

"I wouldn’t have posted about it usually as accidents happen and I’m not like that but to call and ask what it was and get a load of verbal abuse is awful.

"I'm not bothered about the money, I'm just glad none of us ate it. I've a got hotel and live here but they obviously thought I was a holiday maker and this is what will ruin all our businesses.

"People should be treated with respect, that kind of service could ruin Blackpool for all of us."

The Daily Star has approached representatives of Dino's takeaway for comment.

Source: Read Full Article