Crazy stalker took pics of ex in shower before shooting and slashing his throat

For most people, dealing with a break-up can be hard, but Jodi Arias takes the term "crazy ex" to a whole new level.

When she was finally done with her ex Travis Alexander for good, his lifeless body was lying slumped at the bottom of his shower.

His throat was deeply sliced from ear to ear and he had a gunshot wound to the head.

There were over 27 stab wounds on his body.

Hours before, the pair had sex for one final time and took explicit photos of each other.

No one knows if Travis had intended for it to be their final tryst.

Jodi, a saleswoman living in California who had a passion for photography, and Travis, a marketing salesman who lived in Mesa, Arizona, started their intense relationship after meeting at a conference in Las Vegas in September 2006.

Following their encounter, the pair spoke on the phone every day and exchanged more than 80,000 emails in just five months.

Travis was a charismatic motivational speaker but was also a practising Mormon and so couldn't date anyone outside his faith.

  • Priest called in to 'restore peace' by exorcising Yorkshire Ripper from haunted town

As the two grew closer, Jodi decided she would convert to the Church of Latter-day Saints and they officially began dating in February 2007.

But after just five months, their relationship hit the rocks and Travis told Jodi it was just physical and ended things.

Jodi was left devastated and was so smitten she moved across the country to be closer to Travis to try and rekindle the romance and they soon entered into a no-strings-attached relationship.

For more shocking stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

While Jodi thought they were back on track, Travis still refused to commit and, after two years, she moved back to California to live with her grandparents. But it wasn’t over.

Two months later, Jodi hired a car and drove to Mesa to see Travis.

She filled up petrol cans for the journey so she wouldn’t have to stop, and turned off her phone. On 4 June 2008, the estranged couple had sex one last time and took explicit photos of each other.

  • Air Force veteran who lived off-grid in remote cabin for 30 years arrested for squatting

A few days later, Travis’s worried work colleagues couldn’t contact him. Friends went to his flat and discovered the bloody scene.

Travis had been shot with a 25-calibre gun – the same type of gun that had been stolen from Jodi’s grandparents in a mysterious burglary a few months earlier.

The most disturbing discovery was a damaged digital camera in the washing machine, along with bloodied clothes that had been put through a wash.

  • Sister of millionaire Brit killed in Costa del Sol wants murderer to get death penalty

Police recovered deleted sexual images of Jodi and Travis.

There was a picture of Travis alive and wet in the shower – then another photo that showed the back of Travis’s head, with his arm raised and blood tricking down his neck.

Police believed it had been taken accidentally as Travis was being killed.

Jodi was interrogated. At first she denied even being at Travis’s home, but when confronted with evidence she changed her story.

  • Satanist parents 'sacrificed and ate multiple victims in sick rituals'

She claimed two intruders had broken in, murdered Travis and attacked her.

Finally, Jodi broke down, saying she was a victim of domestic violence and that night Travis had violently attacked her.

"It was self defence," she sobbed. When police pressed for details, Jodi’s story was inconsistent and when left alone, she giggled and even did a headstand.

She was charged with murder.

During sentencing, the death penalty was considered but she was ultimately sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole.

If you have been affected by issues of domestic violence or coercive control you can call Refuge's 24-Hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline for free. The number is 0808 2000 247.

Source: Read Full Article