We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
The US President, 74, is the subject of a forthcoming book called Donald Trump V. The United States. Micheal Schmidt, author of the new book, examined Mr Trump’s trip to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in November 2019. Despite the book not mentioning it, the health visit fuelled speculation that the US President is not well, with #TrumpStroke trending on social media.
Social media users shared a number of clips of the US President, with one that appears to show Mr Trump ‘dragging his leg’.
The US President has now savaged reports suggesting ill health and said he never suffered from “mini-strokes”.
In a bizarre post on Twitter, Mr Trump said speculation about his health ‘never ends”.
He added: “Now they are trying to say that your favourite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Centre, having suffered a series of mini-strokes.
“Never happened to this candidate – fake news.”
In an attack on Democrat Joe Biden, Mr Trump added: “Perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another party!”
Mr Trump’s dismissal came shortly before White House physician Sean Conley leapt to the president’s defence.
Admitting he was speaking out after Mr Trump’s request, he said: “I can confirm that President Trump has not experience nor been evaluated for a cerebrovascular accident, transient ischemic attack, or any acute cardiovascular emergencies, as have been incorrectly reported in the media.
“The President remains healthy and I have no concerns about his ability to maintain the rigorous schedule ahead of him.
“As stated in my last report, I expect him to remain fit to execute the duties of the Presidency.”
No media reports had previously claimed Mr Trump suffered from “mini-strokes”.
Mr Schmidt’s book detailed Mr Trump’s visit to Walter Reed medical centre last year, and revealed how the vice president was warned he may have to take over “temporarily”.
The US president was rushed into a private vehicle by secret service on November 16 last year, but the reason for the health scare is still unknown.
The author claimed West Wing staffers were told to put Vice President Mike Pence on standby “to take over the powers of the presidency temporarily if Trump had to undergo a procedure that would have required him to be anaesthetised.”
But in response to Mr Trump’s tweet, Mr Schmidt said: “Book says nothing about mini-strokes.”
Trump sparks outrage by calling coronavirus ‘China Virus’ AGAIN in ‘patriotic’ tweet [REPORT]
Coronavirus cost hits £90 BILLION: Huge price of crisis unveiled with £50bn loans [INSIGHT]
US president in huge row over spreading ‘false claims’ [ANALYSIS]
Mr Trump’s health has been the source of speculation from health experts throughout his presidency.
On June 13, the president was filmed having difficulty descending a metal ramp at the US Military Academy’s commencement.
He took to Twitter to defend his hesitant steps down the ramp the next day.
Mr Trump said: “The ramp that I descended after my West Point Commencement speech was very long & steep, had no handrail and, most importantly, was very slippery.
“The last thing I was going to do is “fall” for the Fake News to have fun with.”
Mr Trump has also taken shots at Democrat rival Mr Biden for his age and health issues.
The former vice president, 77, previously underwent an operation for an aneurism in 1988.
The two US election candidates have taken shots at each other’s health, with Mr Trump repeatedly calling Mr Biden “sleepy Joe” throughout his campaign.
Mr Biden however said it was fair for voters to question his and Mr Trump’s age, but said he was still fit for the role of president.
Source: Read Full Article