A gang of French and Swiss holidaymakers who allegedly raped a British teenager in Magaluf were reportedly filmed "laughing" and "enjoying themselves" during the attack, according to police sources.
A clip of the footage featuring the young men is said to be among more than 20 clips of the attack that have been seized by investigating police officers in Spain.
The judge, who remanded the six men in custody, has described claims that the sex was consensual as "completely preposterous".
READ MORE: 'I led white supremacist gang in prison carrying out missions – if I return I'm dead'
They added that there were indications the 18-year-old suffered "humiliating" and "degrading" treatment as the judge refused the suspects bail earlier in the week.
The group has been remanded in custody in Majorca pending an ongoing criminal probe over the alleged hotel gang-rape. The suspects, all over the age of 20, appeared before a judge in Palma, the main city in Mallorca, on Tuesday.
Details of the remand ruling emerged overnight with respected island newspaper Ultima Hora signalling that in mobile phone footage of the alleged sex attack said to have been recorded by the men arrested, the male youngsters could be heard “enjoying themselves and laughing”.
The videos were allegedly filmed while the 18-year-old was raped by six tourists as two others watched at the BH Mallorca hotel in Magaluf on the holiday island of Majorca.
Police reports state that no sound could be heard from the victim in the footage of the alleged attack after she met the men at a party and went back to the hotel.
She is said to have escaped from the room at the adults-only hotel and reported what happened to a security guard who called police.
Five men of French nationality and a Swiss man are currently being held in custody on suspicion of rape after the incident at around 5am on Monday.
Police have already confirmed they found footage on the suspects’ mobile phones showing the alleged multiple rape that is now in the hands of the investigating judge and could form a “key part” of the case.
Local reports say the number of videos totalled more than 20, although the Civil Guard which made the arrests following the alleged sex attack in the early hours of Monday morning at the BH Mallorca Resort in Magaluf has not commented officially on the claims.
The six suspects are understood to be alleging they had consensual sex with the British teenager after meeting her at a part and the hotel has said it is cooperating fully with police and offered its support to the unnamed holidaymaker.
A spokesman said in a statement released on Thursday (August 17): “The BH Mallorca Resort deeply regrets what has happened and would like to manifest its firm and forceful repudiation of the alleged sexual attack that occurred in the early hours of Monday August 14 at the hotel.
“The hotel also wants to demonstrate its solidarity with the alleged victim of this aggression. We are co-operating fully with the Civil Guard and its investigators in everything they consider to be necessary.
“This hotel ratifies through this statement its commitment to the condemnation of all types of sexual attacks that affect peoples’ dignity and physical integrity.
“Behaviour that undermines those rights has no place in this establishment.” The hotel said it would be making no further comment for the time being.
A security guard at the hotel reportedly came to the rescue of the 18-year-old Brit after finding her sobbing on the floor in the lobby. He called police after finding her around 5am on Monday, recalling how he just come in for his morning shift and describing the police response as very quick and efficient.
A spokesman for the Civil Guard confirmed earlier this week: “I can confirm we are investigating an alleged gang-rape at a hotel in Magaluf. We were alerted by the hotel in the early hours of Monday morning after the alleged victim raised the alarm.
“One set of officers took her to hospital so she could be examined by a doctor and another team of officers set about trying to locate the alleged aggressors.
“They were arrested over the following hours. The investigation is ongoing and involves a team of officers specialising in probing alleged sex crimes in Magaluf.
“Five of the men arrested are French and the sixth suspect is a Swiss national. They are all in their twenties.”
Investigators have already looked at CCTV images the hotel has provided and carried out an inspection of the room where the alleged gang rape took place.
The men held and remanded in prison have not yet been charged with any crime as is normal in Spain where formal charges are only laid shortly before trial.
At this stage they are 'investigados' in an ongoing criminal probe, which means they are under formal investigation.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article