Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter
We have more newsletters
An 11-year-old girl has been filmed unwittingly picked up one of the most dangerous snakes in the world.
In the video, the small brown snake was seen wrapped around her hand as she said: "I have just found a snake."
The youngster's grandparent, who was on a walk with her at the time in Newport, New South Wales, Australia, sent the clip into Stewy the Snake Catcher to ID the reptile. And he was horrified by what he saw.
READ MORE: Huge snake spotted in Welsh canal sparks panic as local says 'I'd have s*** myself'
In a Facebook post yesterday (October 19) titled PUBLIC SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT, Stewy revealed: "This is an extremely dangerous eastern brown snake."
He continued: "The girl in the video is extremely lucky that she wasn’t bitten by the snake and her parents should probably go and buy a lottery ticket."
Eastern brown snakes are responsible for the most deaths caused by snake bites in the country.
And the brush with death led Stewy to give a very important warning to parents.
"Please please please, remind your children and grandchildren that you shouldn’t interfere and interact with any wildlife unless you are trained to do so," Stewy explained.
"This little girl could have actually died from a bite from this snake."
He explained the youngster mistakenly identified it as a "getter snake", which is non venomous.
The footage has since been seen more than 23,000 times, with hundreds of horrified viewers flocking to the comments section.
"Omg knowing what it was as soon as the video started – my heart was pounding as I expected a bite at any moment," one wrote. "Rule of thumb, no matter what you think it is, leave wild animals alone as this could have ended so differently."
Another added: "Why didn't the person videoing her tell her to put it down."
And a third commented: "Very lucky young lady she didn’t get bitten. Why would you pick a snake up?"
Daredevil bloke who tried kissing snake he saved is brutally bitten in wild stunt
Naked Brit wakes up to terrifying snake cuddling up to him beneath his bed sheets
'Deadly venomous' snake washes ashore on popular beach as public warned 'do not touch'
Source: Read Full Article