Prince Harry has resorted to "playground tactics" in his spat with the Royal Family, according to a royal insider.
Yesterday (Thursday, December 1) Netflix released the trailer for his and Meghan Markle's docuseries titled Harry & Meghan, which is set to release on December 8.
The trailer overshadowed Prince William and Kate Middleton's trip to Boston where the pair met crowds of adoring fans yesterday.
READ MORE: Meghan seen crying in Netflix trailer that makes Kate look 'utterly evil'
It also came amid the ongoing race row at Buckingham Palace, which saw the resignation of the late Queen's lady-in-waiting Lady Susan Hussey after she was accused of being racially insulting to Ngozi Fulani, founder of domestic abuse charity Sistah Space, at a royal event.
Speaking to the Mirror, one insider said it was no surprise the trailer for Harry and Meghan's £88million series came when it did.
They said: “You could have bet your house on the fact this promo was going to come out.
“They have deliberately gate-crashed the Boston trip and taken advantage of an external situation for their own agenda, there’s no other way to put it.
“Harry is well aware how important it is not to overshadow the work of other members of the family yet this is exactly the type of playground tactics being employed here.”
The Palace race rows continues to rumble on after Nazir Afzal, former chief crown prosecutor for the North West, tweeted: “I was at the Palace reception at which Lady Susan questioned the heritage of Ngozi Fulani.
“She only asked me my heritage once and seemed to accept my answer – Manchester, currently.
“Racism is never far away tho.”
Ngozi yesterday dismissed claims Lady Susan’s age was a factor. She said in a TV interview: “That’s a kind of a disrespect about ageism. Are we saying that because of your age you can’t be racist?”
It comes after last year when Meghan accused an unnamed member of the family of racist comments about the complexion of Archie's skin prior to his birth.
And now the Palace is braced for more claims from the couple about their time in The Firm with the six-part Netflix series.
The trailer showed a mixture of still images of the Sussexes and excerpts from interviews. It includes photos from Meghan and Harry's childhood up to adulthood merged together, as well as intimate snaps of the pair.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
At one point Harry is heard saying: "No one sees what happens behind closed doors. I had to do everything I could to protect my family."
It ends with Meghan saying: "When the stakes are this high, doesn't it make more sense to hear our story from us?"
Harry and Meghan's team have been approached for comment.
- Meghan Markle threats 'would make you feel in danger all the time' reveals top cop
- Fergie invited to royal Christmas – but Meghan and Harry face 'even harder road back'
Meghan Markle was 'rejected' when bidding to star on popular TV chat show
Source: Read Full Article