A 53-year-old man was rushed into surgery after inserting a beer glass up his bum.
The patient was taken into theatre after struggling to pull the vessel out himself.
Medics were forced to operate because the glass was firmly wedged around 6cm in his rectum.
It is not known why or how the man ended up in the predicament.
The incident took place in the county of Lu in the south-western Chinese province of Sichuan.
But hundreds of kinky Brits have suffered the same fate in recent years after inserting items up their bum.
Shocking X-ray snaps reveal clear images of carrots and cans inside anuses.
British Dr Carol Cooper said: “Most people who do this are men, often with a sexual motive.
“While it’s good to explore one’s sensuality, shoving things like candles, spray cans, and Christmas ornaments up the rear end is taking it too far.”
A British Medical Journal report warns doctors not to laugh or shame patients who end up in A&E with items up their bum.
It says: “Generally, patients with rectal foreign bodies try to retrieve the objects by themselves because of shame and embarrassment to seek medical care.
“But the majority fail in these attempts and eventually present to the emergency room.
“Management of these patients requires a respectful and non-condemnatory attitude on behalf of doctors and nurses.
“‘Prior to discharge, patients should be educated on the potential dangers of their habit.”
It is not known how long the Chinese victim, named as Mr Huang, will take to recover from his escapade.
A report by the Affiliated Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital of Southwest Medical University, said the patient inserted the upside-down glass vessel up his backside.
They said it measured 5.62 centimetres in diameter and was 5.91 centimetres tall.
X-ray pictures show the glass lodged in the patient’s back passage, with a team of dedicated doctors working to remove it.
It is unclear why Mr Huang allegedly inserted the glass into his rectum.
Source: Read Full Article