Prince Harry and Meghan's return to the UK could upstage the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations, a royal critic has claimed.
The so-called "Sussex bomb" could explode while all eyes are on the couple who will be seen with the Royal Family for the first time since stepping down as working royals more than two years ago.
Buckingham Palace sources are trying to play down anxieties about the media circus surrounding the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, according to The Telegraph.
It has already been confirmed that the couple will not appear on the palace balcony if they attend the Trooping of the Colour on Thursday (June 2) as they are no longer "working royals."
But despite being on the guest list for the Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul's Cathedral on Friday, there appears to have little knowledge of their "unofficial plans," which could include unpublicised appearances.
Courtiers have reportedly been "doing everything in their power to diffuse any potential flashpoints”.
Tension comes after Harry and Meghan's Oprah Winfrey interview and news of Harry's forthcoming autobiography as well as the prospect of a Netflix project.
However a source has suggested the Montecito-based couple will stick to the script by "avoiding visits elsewhere."
Sources have also said that Meghan and Harry will "keep it simple" because they are determined not to upstage the Queen.
Writing for News.com.au, royal critic Daniela Elser said: "In the coming days, the renegade duo will hit London, their first proper return since chucking in the royal towel in 2020, and the one question no one can answer about the trip is: Can the Sussexes manage to get through the four-days of Platinum Jubilee events without going rogue?"
She said it's what Harry and Meghan might do outside the schedule that is "causing alarm" adding: "The problem is, no one really seems to know what they intend to do with their time during their British jaunt.
"That’s an unknown that Buckingham Palace aides are concerned about, according to a new report in The Telegraph, with fears of a 'Sussex bomb' being dropped during the Jubilee while 'courtiers have been doing everything in their power to diffuse any potential flashpoints'."
Elser added: "Only last week, Meghan managed to set off a minor furore when she made a surprise appearance in Uvalde, Texas last week after 19 schoolchildren and two teachers were brutally slain by a lone gunman.
"(Even in her earliest royal days, the Duchess showed a propensity for going off-script such as when, in early 2019 in Bristol, she decided to write ostensibly empowering messages on bananas which would be given to sex workers.)
"After everything we have seen over the last couple of years, nothing is really off-the-table right now."
A spokesperson for Harry and Meghan has been contacted for comment.
For the latest breaking news stories and incredible tales from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article