A family of four are in a serious condition following a gas explosion that destroyed houses on Monday evening in Ayr, Scotland.
The family have been named locally as William, 47, and Marion Ferguson, 43, who were rushed to hospital with their two sons.
According to the Daily Record, neighbours rushed to their aid and pulled the family from the rubble.
Marion is currently at Glasgow’s Royal Infirmary with the couple’s 16-year-old boy.
William remains at Queen Elizabeth University Hospital with their other son, 11, being treated at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children.
The family's condition was brought to light after a Facebook post by a friend responding to alleged rumours circulating online.
Michelle Buchanan wrote: "My friends are in hospital in critical condition, please be kind when sharing photos and comments related to Kincaidston.
"The house was their home and families and friends are worried sick. Get facts straight before rumours are spread. Love and best wishes to all affected."
Police Scotland had previously confirmed that two adults and two children had been taken to hospital.
Young girl held down as she gets ears pierced 'screams in terror' in 'upsetting' video
The force said inquiries were continuing into the cause of the explosion and they will carry out a joint investigation with the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS).
Local councillor Chris Cullen said the incident was a "gas explosion" as he talked about what happened to BBC Good Morning Scotland.
Euan Bryson, who lives close to the housing estate, tweeted a video showing a fire engine on the street in the aftermath of the explosion.
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
He said: "Was chaotic. There was personal property and rubble all over the scene.
"The video below doesn't even do the smoke justice. Could scarcely make out peoples' faces."
South Ayrshire Council was working with emergency services to determine which residents could return to their homes following the evacuation of neighbours as a result of the blast.
The council said it had "ongoing building safety concerns".
Source: Read Full Article