Prince Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson fear being turfed out from their Windsor mansion as the new King streamlines the Royal Family.
The Duke of York is reportedly expecting to be told to pack his bags and leave the 31-bedroom Royal Lodge owned by the Crown Estate.
Following the death of his and older brother Charles' mother, the Queen, it is thought to be only a matter of time that the new monarch delivers on a royal reshuffle that he previously hinted at.
READ MORE: William and Harry's truce 'only temporary' – with key move to tear brothers apart again
King Charles III is apparently set to make changes to the law preventing non-working royals being counsellors of state.
Under new plans, Prince Andrew, Prince Harry and Princess Beatrice would all become ineligible to stand in for the monarch, with a change up to the 1937 Regency Act outlined by the King.
According to The Telegraph, it would appear relevant steps are being made to have the law changed as soon as possible.
The Crown's abundance of property which spans over 500,000 acres of land across the UK, is likely to fall under the King's impending review but Andrew could enjoy a tidy if 'kicked out'.
If his undisclosed 100-year lease on the the Queen Mother's former home, Royal Lodge is cut short, Andrew may be able to claim up to £7million in compensation.
Royal princess barred from Westminster Abbey after Queen funeral invite mixup
For the time being, Andrew must take care of Her Majesty's beloved corgis following her death on September 8.
An insider told The Sun that the Duke who was thought to be "under the protection of the Queen" would not be forced to leave Royal Lodge in the near future because it would "seem callous to throw them out so soon after she died".
"But if he's doing no duties and rattling around a £30million mansion during the cost-of-living crisis, then it's a terrible look," the source added.
For more incredible stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here
Andrew does own another property, an £18million ski chalet in Verbier, France, but has has been forced to sell it having failed to make the second £5million instalment he owed the vendor.
Even though he and his ex-wife have agreed a sale on their bungling purchase, it remains unsold.
When contacted by The Sun, a spokesman for the Duke of York did not comment.
- Britain 'looted' Queen's £350m crown jewel 'that curses men' from a 10-year-old boy
- King Charles' death plans already being arranged under Operation Menai Bridge
- Inside kidnap bid on Princess Anne that saw her held at gunpoint and three men shot
- Kate Middleton's 'calming hand' on 'restless' George's knee was to stop him fidgeting
- Mural of The Queen vandalised with 'inheritance tax' jab hours after it was completed
Source: Read Full Article