Slender Man teen who helped knife girl 19 times to be watched 24/7 on release

A teen girl who helped lure her classmate to a park before she was stabbed 19 times will be released from a mental health institution.

A judge ruled on Friday that 19-year-old Anissa Weier will be released from Winnebago Mental Health Institute in Wisconsin on Monday and placed under 24-hour watch.

Under the terms of her release Weier will be constantly tracked by a GPS and will continue to receive psychiatric treatment.

Judge Michael Bohren said that the decision was fair and would "provide for the protection of the community". Weier's lawyer added that she "looks forward to moving on to a productive life".

Weier was sentenced to 25 years in the mental health institution after she pleaded guilty to attempted second-degree homicide in December 2017.

In 2014 and aged just 12, Weier and her friend Morgan Geyser lured classmate Payton Leutne to a park in Milwaukee. Geyser then stabbed Leutne 19 times as Weier watched, but luckily the victim survived.

It later became known as the 'Slender Man case' after the two girls gave eerie statements.

  • Final words of heroic 9/11 flight attendant who helped identify plane hijackers

Police caught Weier and Geyser some hours after the attack, and the girls told them that they were heading to Slender Man's mansion.

Slender Man is a fictional horror character, originating from creepy internet folklore and featuring in video games. He is a tall, gangly figure with a blank white face and elongated fingers.

The girls also said that they wanted to become Slender Man's servants by murdering their classmate and that killing her would prevent the spooky figure from murdering their families.

  • OnlyFans star claims ex gave her £50k in shoes as 'peace offering' after sex assault

Geyser was sentenced to 40 years in a mental health institution after she pleaded guilty to attempted first-degree homicide in February 2018, and she remains locked up.

After being sentenced to 25 years in 2017, in March this year Weier launched an attempt to receive conditional release.

She said that she will never "become a weapon again", adding that she needed to rejoin society having exhausted all of the mental health institution's treatment options.

In July, the judge ordered plans for her conditional release to be made after ruling that Weier was no longer a threat to society. Those plans culminated in last Friday's hearing.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article