Triple stabbing and three more injured forces Cardiff city centre shutdown

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Police were forced to cordon off Cardiff city centre after a spate of stabbings left three people injured with knife wounds and another with serious head injuries.

On Saturday night six people were taken to hospital after the violence erupted and police arrested two suspects.

Officer's emptied the city's bars, which have been open since Wales lifted its firebreak lockdown earlier this month.

South Wales Police said one person remains in a "serious condition" in hospital.

A spokesperson said: "Six people have been taken to, or self-presented at, the University Hospital of Wales with various injuries.

"One person suffered head injuries and remains in a serious condition, while three others are believed to have sustained stab wounds.

"Two others have presented at hospital with lesser injuries."

Two people have been arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and remain in custody.

Speaking to Wales Online, student Elizabeth Winter, 25, said she was walking in the centre when she saw a commotion at the top of City Road.

  • Man, 27, charged with murder after woman, 25, 'stabbed in street outside her home'

“There was a group of young men shouting at police," she said.

"There were around four or five officers shouting back.

"I overheard someone saying that someone had been ‘cheffed’ – street slang for a stabbing.”

She added that the man who was tasered was white, in his twenties, and of a large build.

  • Teacher 'interested in cannibalism' arrested after bones with 'bite marks' found

A witness shared mobile footage from the scene to twitter, saying the area was "packed full of police cars and ambulances".

Another described being told to leave a pub following the incident.

They said: "The bartender was telling everyone that they had to pack up and leave.

"I went outside with my boyfriend and saw all the police cars."

Wales went into a 17 day national lockdown on October 23, lasting until November 9.

  • Crime
  • Knife Crime

Source: Read Full Article