Warming centers and shelters are opening across the state as sub-zero temperatures and snow are expected to start Wednesday night.
As of Wednesday at 4 p.m. MST, 24 warming centers are either open or in the process of opening across Boulder, Colorado Springs, Denver, El Paso, Fremont, Huerfano, Jefferson, Larimer, Pueblo, Summit and Weld Counties, according to a map by the Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
- Boulder Homeless Shelter at 4869 Broadway in Boulder — additional beds will also be available at the Boulder Shelter for the Homeless
- East Boulder Community Center at 5660 Sioux Dr. in Boulder — will remain open from 2 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday morning, according to the City of Boulder
- RJ Montgomery Center at 709 S. Sierra Madre St. in Colorado Springs
- Springs Rescue Mission at 5 W. Las Vegas St. in Colorado Springs
- The Sanctuary Church at 1930 W. Colorado Ave. in Colorado Springs — begins operating at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday through Friday
- Denver Coliseum at 4600 Humboldt St. in Denver — opens Wednesday at 3 p.m.
- St. Bernadette Catholic Parish at 7240 W 12th Ave. in Denver
- Grace Best Education Center at 146 N. Jefferson St. in Monument — begins operating at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday through Friday
- Loaves and Fishes at 241 Justice Center Rd. in Cañon City — open Wednesday through Sunday
- Solid Rock Baptist Church at 705 W. Pitkin Ave. in Fowler — open to locals and travelers on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
- Hasty Fire Station at 1209 S. Main St. in Hasty — opens Wednesday at 6 p.m.
- Huerfano County Community Center at 928 Russell St. in Walsenburg — on-standby
- Colorado National Guard Armory at 103 Dalton Ave. in La Junta — opens Wednesday evening
- Las Animas Presbyterian Church at 604 Maple Ave. in Las Animas — opens Wednesday
- Embassy Suites Loveland at 4705 Clydesdale Pkwy. in Loveland
- LRC at 137 S. Lincoln Ave. in Loveland — open for adults
- Pueblo Transit Center at 123 Court St. in Pueblo — open Thursday through Saturday
- Rocky Ford United Methodist Church at 301 W. Washington Ave. in Rocky Ford —open Wednesday at 7 p.m. until 12 p.m. Friday
- Breckenridge Recreation Center at 880 Airport Rd. in Breckenridge — open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday
- Silverthorne Recreation Center at 430 Rainbow Dr. in Silverthorne — open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday
- Summit County Community and Senior Center at 83 Nancy’s Place in Frisco — open from 5 p.m. to 7 a.m., with doors locking at 11 p.m.
- The MAC at 3295 W. 72nd Ave. in Westminster — opens Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. through Saturday
- Salvation Army at 1119 6th St. in Greeley
- Guadalupe Community Center at 1442 N. 11th Ave. in Greeley — overnight shelter only for individual women and families
Four shelters are also open:
- Lakewood United Methodist Church at 1390 Brentwood St. in Lakewood — an overnight shelter starting at 7 p.m. on Wednesday
- Murphy Center at 242 Conifer St. in Fort Collins — indoor day-shelter will be available to all from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday and Friday
- Catholic Charities at 460 Linden Center Dr. in Fort Collins — for women and families seeking shelter
- Healing Waters Ministries at 6475 W. 29th Ave. in Wheat Ridge — open Wednesday and Thursday
Two emergency operations centers are currently activated: the Colorado State EOC, which monitors weather impacts and helps with resource requests statewide, and the Denver EOC.
This is a developing story.
Source: Read Full Article